USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Oprin Lanka Private Limited (OL) collects information about you when you use our TaxiMe User App, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. This Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by OL.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to all persons who use the TaxiMe User App or Services to request transportation, delivery, or other on-demand services (“Users”). It does not apply to information we collect from or about service providers who use the TaxiMe platform under license (collectively “Mobility Service Providers”). If you interact with the Services as both, User and a Mobility Service Provider, the respective privacy statements will apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, orders requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services for transportation or delivery, we collect precise location data about the trip from the TaxiMe App used by the Mobility Service Provider. These information will enable the features like Online/offline, Heatmap details, Trip Fare calculation and Vehicle/Driver Search and Assignment. If you permit the TaxiMe App to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“Platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the App is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the TaxiMe User App to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Mobility Services Providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information about Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the TaxiMe app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the TaxiMe app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. Sometimes these permissions require more explanation than the platforms themselves provide, and the permissions we request will change over time.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your TaxiMe account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, such as TaxiMe services, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- When you request on demand services, Mobility Service Providers on our platform may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Mobility Service Providers or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or a Mobility Service Provider.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Mobility Service Providers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Mobility Service Provider, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, split fare requests, or ETA sharing;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of TaxiMe and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfil any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements. We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, Sri Lanka and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your information:
- With Mobility Service Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average User rating given by Mobility Service Providers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Mobility Service Providers;
- With other riders if you use a ride-sharing service like Share ride; and with other people, as directed by you, such as when you want to share your estimated time of arrival or split a fare with a friend;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer (e.g., an expense management service provider), if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions such as TaxiMe Services.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
- With OL subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of OL or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and your consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa.
Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
OL will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps usanalyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices. Contact Us If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please
contact us at
email@example.com, or write us at Oprin Lanka (Pvt) Ltd., 72, Pahala Watta, Kurukulawa Rd, Ragama 11010